Christian Baldwin & Owen Davis
Mattie Hunt & Owen Davis
Nick Nguyen & Christian Cave
Emma Martinez & Julia Brandt
Garvin Pierre & Brianna Labossiere
Ada Hutcheson & Owen Davis
Owen Davis & Nick Nguyen
Thank you to everyone who auditioned! See y’all Thursday, April 11th! Email email@example.com for sound check and event details.
Select Women’s Choir
Lily Kate Soetebier
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email me with information on what to prepare for the spring 2020 placements. Congratulations on a very competitive round of auditions!
The choir final exam consists of an evaluation of two choral performances. During the final, students will be given a copy of the Large Group Performance Evaluation rubric, as linked below, and will critique and score the recorded performances as if they were an LGPE judge. There is no real way to study for this final, other than to have been an active participant in rehearsal throughout the semester. Each section of the rubric (tone, pitch, rhythm, ensemble, diction, interpretation, and other factors) must have three cohesive and coherent comments about the performances, with the exception of the other factors section which only requires one comment. Students may circle the plus/minus marks in each section, but that will not be considered a complete comment alone. Comments such as “the ensemble’s tone was good” are NOT sufficient quality. Listen deeply!
If you have any questions about the meaning of any of the terms on the rubric, I’ll answer them via email or Remind!
This list includes details on all of our events for the remainder of the semester. TWO WEEKS LEFT!
- Winter Extravaganza REHEARSAL – Monday Dec. 10th
- Harrison Band room
- Concert Choir: 3:40-4:30
- Women’s Choir: 4:20-5:15
- Harrison Singers: 5:05-6:00
- Combined rehearsal with the band and orchestra in preparation for our Tuesday concert.
- Winter Extravaganza – Tuesday Dec. 11th
- Harrison Presidential Gym
- $5 pre-paid tickets for sale during lunches on the 6th, 7th, 10th, and 11th
- $10 tickets at the door
- Call times:
- Harrison Singers: 3:45-4:30 in gym, with time to leave to get dinner, return by 6:30 dressed in orchestra room
- Concert Choir: 5:45 in gym dressed
- Women’s Choir: 6:15 in band room dressed
- Art Gallery in the gym lobby from 6:30-7:00
- Concert begins at 7:00
- This concert will feature all levels of the musical ensembles at Harrison in combination. We’ll be performing a mix of well-known carols and holiday standards. The tickets are a fundraiser for the Harrison band, choir, and orchestra programs, and will be sold during all lunches on Dec. 6th, 7th, 10th, and 11th. I HIGHLY recommend buying tickets in advance, as we usually sell out this concert. Due to the lack of parking at Harrison, we will be running a shuttle bus from Burnt Hickory from 6:00 to 7:00, as well as after the program.
- Holiday Party – Saturday Dec. 15th
- 4137 Hidden Enclave Lane, Kennesaw GA 30152
- Sign Up Genius: Click Here!
- This is another optional event, but is super fun and will include an ugly Christmas sweater contest and holiday karaoke.
- Secret Santa – during finals periods after testing is done
- Students signed up to participate in Secret Santa this week. Gifts should be no more than $15 and brought to school by the 17th. This is also not required.
Finally, if students’ enrichment fees and uniform rental fees are not taken care of, please let me know how we should plan to proceed in covering that cost by the end of the semester. Many students have fundraising profits remaining that we can apply to those balances. We’ll be doing more fundraisers in the spring as well. The enrichment fees are an integral part of making the choir program at Harrison run smoothly, ensuring we have all of the resources we need to give students an incredible musical experience.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns!
Congrats to everyone who auditioned!
Dallas Dickson & Griffin Ackerman
Ada Hutcheson & Griffin Ackerman
Liam McGregor & Owen Davis
Ethan Roshaven & Griffin Ackerman